La vie en rose

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Je suis debordee!!


I've been so busy the past few weeks! Who would have guessed that the 4-month vacation would take so much out of me!

I'm finally out of language training thanks to a French teacher who told the director that my french is too good for French classes. So now I'm enrolled in the ESCP-EAP and am taking 12 credit hours. The classes are really interesting - I'm learning so much! We don't really have homework, just projects, papers and exams at the end.

Also, I finally have an internship!! After turning down 2 offers, I've accepted a marketing position with L'Oreal in their Professional Products division launching the Mizani brand in Europe - I can't wait! In the beginning I wanted a finance position, but marketing with L'Oreal is probably one of the best internships out there! Apparently, it's pretty difficult to even get an interview with them, so I feel very honored. It is a 6-month position which means that I'll be in Paris until the end of the year.

By the way, I'm 29 years old now!! woohoo! I guess that means it's my last year in my 20's... I'm so lucky to be able to spend it in France. I celebrated my birthday with a night out with the french trackers that begun with the cheap-champagne drink-a-thon. We went to the Fifth Bar up the street, and from what I'm told, we shut the place down! Then we went to dinner on the weekend when Tara came in from Spain. It was great to see her and catch up in the imbas around the globe. It's also very comforting to chill with someone you click with.

Dawson is in town from Germany this weekend and he's leaving in the morning. I haven't really been able to hang out during the day since i have my 2 10-page papers to write this week. i do, however, make time to hang out at night (yes, i do have priorities), which generally includes a 4am walk home trying to figure out who's sleeping at my place and who's going to find their way home on the night bus or by foot.

Shaun and David will arrive in Paris on Tuesday, so I must finish my papers before then. I'll post pictures as soon as I find a camera cable.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger Adrian said…

    Nanda, congrats again for your internship. It is going to be a great experience...

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Anandha Kumar Deekaram said…

    Wishing you all the best!! It is the best internship WOW!!! Do well .. we are going to miss you in columbia next fall.. especially your Haa Haaa haaaaaaa!!! :-)

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Anandha Kumar Deekaram said…

    Hi Nandaa..

    Keep posting your blog.. I think all IMBA's are going to get connected this way..and believe me when u read the blog later sometime in your life it would sound so interesting bringing all your good old memmories back.. life is nothing but just an experience. memmories are wonderful and invaluable.. keep bloging.. take carre nanda...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home