La vie en rose

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Wedding...

This weekend, I went home for my best friend's wedding.... no, not the movie. Allison and I have been best friends since we were 4 years old.... almost 25 years!! and this past weekend, she tied the knot with her beau.

There is so much preparation for a wedding. As maid of honor, I had a lot to do for the wedding. On Friday, we had the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. And of course, all-day saturday was spent on the actual event: bridal breakfast, hair salon, getting dressed, pictures, ceremony, reception, clean-up... makes you wonder if the 30 minute ceremony is worth all the hassle.

No matter what your beliefs are on marriage, it is a great opportunity to see people that you haven't seen in a while and reconnect with old friends. I also got to hang out with my parents whom I don't get to see as often as I would like. I saw some people I haven't seen in 10 years who were constantly telling me "you're so beautiful. your dress is so pretty.... blah, blah". anyway, the compliments were nice whether or not they were sincere.

So now that I have more bridemaids dresses than I care to count and am running low on single friends, I have a pretty good idea of what my ideal wedding should be like. Don't worry, I'm not one of those girls who has her entire wedding already planned. It's just that now I know what I want and don't want at my big day. I want to be able to enjoy my day with my friends and family without worrying about the formalities. Some details such as flowers, color scheme,and decorations are not as important to me as they may be to others.

Getting married is an event that is very special to the 2 people who are about to make a life-changing commitment, and the happiness should be shared by the 2 sets of family and friends coming together.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home