La vie en rose

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

once again, i found myself in yellow stress last evening as my printer ran out of ink. not to worry, i walked to school to print out my 50 pages of reading. this actually turned out to be a good thing, since i ended up doing my reading at the library away from distractions. for those of you who know me, yes - i said "the library". i think it may have been my first trip to a library in.... at least 8 years. this library, however, is the same one i visited as an undergrad - and it hasn't changed a bit in 10 years. the change machine and copier are still in the same spot, there are still only 12 computers and the 60's decor is still the same, even down to the disgustingly questionable stains on the green and orange striped polyester loveseat... scary.

i ran into a friend who had the same idea of studying at the library, but i was reluctant to sit with him. afterall, my goal was to work - not socialize. he invited me to join him, so i quickly established the rules - no talking, just reading. to my surprise, it worked very well. it was better than being home alone with a myriad of distractions, plus i completed my work.

this morning i hit the "off" button instead of snooze, which means that i didn't get up until 7:12. however, since i prepared my lunch last nightand my bookbag, i was ok.

i have a quiz in social responsibility on thursday, and i have not read any of the chapters. i take that back, i started reading chapter one before school started, but then i gave up. so technically, i only have 4.5 chapters to read by thursday.... studying at the library worked well last night, maybe i'll try it tonight.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Haha, I totally did that with Shell, too. Oops. I wouldn't bother reading, just look at the slides. And then crack the book open to see if everything's still there.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Adrian said…

    Now you also have a comment from me!!!! I hope we can tackle the quiz for tomorrow today and be knowledgeable about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home